On Friday 23 March 2018 we are holding a Day of Prayer for Britain. The Emmanuel Centre in London is now fully booked with people committed to interceding for the nation. I want to encourage you to join with us in prayer wherever you live – there is no distance in prayer, only unity before the Father: if you can, commit to praying the whole day, 10.00am-7.00pm, or for whatever time period you are able. The opening worship and prayer will be broadcast live from Emmanuel Centre on our Facebook page.
These are the main prayer points for the day:
- Repentance as in 2 Chronicles 7:14 and prayer for unity in the ‘Body’.
- For God to deliver us through Brexit and protect us from evil powers.
- Raise up men like Wesley, Spurgeon, Moody and Billy Graham in our nation and in this generation.
- Give new power and faith to our Spiritual Leaders and revive us by the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for a 2nd Reformation which will bring us back to the Bible and restore the spirit of intersession.
- Pray for Israel and Netanyahu and their recognition of the Returning Messiah.
- Pray God will use Britain to deal with the Russian threat and once again take her position as Spiritual Leader.
- Pray for persecuted Christians worldwide and for freedom of speech in the UK.
Prayer encouragement: This is what God said to Solomon in 2 Chronicles 7: “If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people…” (v13). – This is the situation we are in today as a nation. There is pestilence: there is fear, unemployment, debt; discord, aggression; every institution we thought we could trust has been exposed as corrupt. Remember how the credit crunch morphed into a sovereign debt crisis. Our political leaders are so busy reacting to every crisis that they have so far been unable to chart a course through the storm. We have to face reality, there is only one answer! Only God can deliver. During WWII when Britain faced the German army, King George VI called the nation to prayer seven times. As the people in their thousands were filling the churches, God answered! We would not have survived without God. Where are the leaders today calling us to pray for the nation according to the Word of God?
God has promised in 2 Chronicles 7:14 that He will heal the land, but we as believers need to humble ourselves and pray and turn from our wicked ways. – Then He will heal our families, our communities, our society; He will deliver us from every curse; He will defeat the enemy. The inspiration for what is happening today is from the devil himself. Jesus said that the thief comes to steal, kill and destroy: I have come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly (John 10:10).
When we pray according to the Word of God, God says: “I will answer!” – That is the Covenant we have with Him. When Solomon based his prayer upon the Covenant of the Word of God, what happened? – ‘When Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven…’ (2 Chronicles 7:1). – If we want to see revival fire in Britain, we need to repent and pray according to the Covenant we have with God.