The New Birth
1. A moral and spiritual change, not a physical one (Galatians 4:29; John 3:1-8)
2. A change of heart, will, motives, desires, life and conduct, and not an organism (2 Cor. 5:17-18)
3. A change of masters, not of constitutional makeup of body, soul, or spirit (Romans 6:11-23; Romans 8:1-4)
4. An adoption of one from the satanic family into the family of God (Romans 8:14-16; Galatians 4:5; Ephes. 1:5)
5. Not a coming into existence of the body, soul, or spirit, as in the natural birth, but a consecration of them to serve God and holiness instead of Satan and sin (Romans 6:16-22; Romans 8:1-13; Col. 3:5-10; Galatians 5:16-26)
6. Not a begetting by the Holy Spirit in the sense that Jesus became and is the only begotten Son of God (John 1:14,18; John 3:16), but a renewal in righteousness and true holiness of one who is already in existence (Ephes. 4:23-24; Col. 3:10; Psalm 51:10)
7. A change of nature, but not the coming into existence of that nature (Romans 3:24-25; 2 Cor. 5:17; Titus 3:5)
8. A change of favor, a new standing before God (Romans 5:1-2; Ephes. 2:1-9; Titus 2:11-14; 2 Peter 3:18; 1 John 3:8-10)
9. A change of character, state and service (Galatians 5:22-23; 1 Cor.__1 Corinthians__13; Romans 3:24-31; Romans 5:1-11; 2 Tim. 2:21; Titus 2:11-14)
10. There is no comparison between the natural and spiritual birth as to choice in the matter, conception, embryo, process, and actual birth. The very moment one is grown enough to recognize he is a sinner and when he repents and believes the gospel a moral and spiritual change takes place (Mark 1:15; 2 Cor. 5:17-18; Romans 1:16; Romans 10:9-10; Ephes. 2:8-9; 1 John 1:9). The very moment he decides to sin again he has a moral fall, incurs the penalty of the broken law again and comes under the sentence of death again (James 1:13-15; James 5:19-20; Romans 6:11-23; Romans 8:1-13; John 8:34; 2 Peter 2:19-22; Hebrews 6:4-9; Hebrews 10:26-29; Galatians 5:4,19-21; 2 Cor. 6:9-11; 1 John 3:8-10; Ezekiel 18:4; etc.). If person sins, he must be forgiven and restored or pay the death penalty as in Galatians 6:7-8 and in the above scriptures.
Dake Topical Index.
Posted by in Facebook's Pentecostal Theology Group View the Original Post