A CHRISTIAN SPIN ON HOLIDAYS – Ray E Horton
Here’s a Christian spin on civil holidays and liturgical church days. Besides Resurrection Day for Easter, and Nativity Day or Jesus’ Birthday for Christmas. how about:
- Halloween, otherwise, All Souls’ Day, could be God’s Harvest Day, a day for intercession for the lost being saved.
- The next day, All Saints’ Day might be a day for prayer for the living saints, all the born-again believers called to be the harvesters.
- Valentines Day might be Love God and Man Day, with the focus on the God-kind of love.
- Labor Day might be Ministry and Service Day, celebrating all our callings and the service to which we are all called.
- Memorial Day might be a Day of Remembrance for all the saints who have passed on to glory, loved one, public and other figures who have served the Kingdom.
- Thanksgiving Day would be thanksgiving for all our material blessings.
- Ash Wednesday might be Identity in Christ Day, recognizing who we are in the flesh, vs. who we are in the Lord.
Any other ideas to add to these musings?
“Establish my footsteps in Your Word, and do not let any iniquity have dominion over me” (Psalm 119:133).