- Trump, a Presbyterian, plans to attend a private pre-inaugural prayer service with his family at St. John’s Episcopal Church, located a block from the White House.
- Six clergy will participate in the inauguration ceremony.
- Trump will be sworn in with two Bibles – one that Abraham Lincoln used at his 1861 inauguration, and a personal one given to him by his mother.
- After taking the oath of office, presidents traditionally say “so help me God.”
- The Mormon Tabernacle Choir will be performing at its sixth presidential inauguration.
- The day after the inauguration, the president will attend a prayer service at which prominent clergy from different religions will pray for the country.The setting for this service will be the Washington National Cathedral, which is affiliated with the Episcopal Church and has hosted all but two of these services since Reagan’s second inauguration in 1985, the exceptions being those following Bill Clinton’s inaugurations in 1993 and 1997, which were held at Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Church in downtown Washington.
Posted by in Facebook's Pentecostal Theology Group View the Original Post