Beloved “try the spirits.” There are many spirits we do not want to have anything to do with. There is our own spirit; the flesh and the devil. There are many spirits contending, and many times we let our own spirit rule and make ourselves think it is God; the same, with the flesh and the devil.
In Scripture, it was the spoken “Word” that delivered those oppressed, and caused Satan to shudder with fear (see the before and after difference in the Gadarene demonic Luke 8:26-36). One of the very important reasons for this, is because of the transference of “spirits” (Numbers 14:24; I King 22:21; Ephesians 2:2; 1 Tim 4:1; 1 John 4:1; 1 John 4:3; Ephesians 5:19; 2 Cor 6:17, Col. 2:21, etc.) (or in contrast the “Holy Spirit’s power” as in Matthew 9:21).
“The Occult Version of Laying on of Hands
- Did you know that cults also lay hands on people to transfer power/demons? Yes, it is true. This is an old practice, not just something new. Hinduism teaches the laying on of hands to receive the ‘power’. Do you realize that there is a lot of demon swapping going on in the ‘churches’ today? I’ve seen it with my own eyes.
- Shaktipat 1 – (Skt. “descent of power”) – A form of spiritual transmission where a guru serves as a channel for the descent of divine grace. This spiritual baptism, typically involving the laying on of hands, awakens the dormant kundalini within a disciple to initiate or accelerate the process of liberation. Can also refer to the direct descent of grace, without intermediation by a guru.
- Never ever lay your hands on someone you know is demon possesed, and never ever let them lay their hands on you. They always want to put their hands on people and touch other people’s hands. They are demonic and they are possesed and they transfer demonic powers to you that way.
- Now if they say they want to be delivered do not lay hands on them because what they have must come out just as the demonic legions came out when Jesus delivered and they ran into the pigs. Do not touch or knowingly lay your hands on demon-possesed people.
- Be Careful in Who you permit to lay hands upon you: Manifestations?
You’ve probably fallen victim to malicious gossip through the lips of another Christian. But physical assault gives a literal meaning to wrestling principalities and powers, rulers of the darkness of this age, and spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places (Eph. 6:12). Indeed, when a demon physically attacks you through a believer, a wrestling match with the flesh and blood that’s hosting the foul spirit can ensue.