Martin Luther is mentioned in the discussion on Galatians. In his writing “On the Jews and Their Lies” (1543) Luther insisted on
1. razing the homes of the Jews
2. confiscating their Sacred Books
3. burning down their synagogues
4. Jewish claim to be God’s people by means of legalism
5. comparing them to the Catholic church papists, bishops, monks and priests?
The year 2017 marks the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation started by Luther. How do you feel this aspect of Luther’s Semitism affects our understanding of the Reformation and the whole idea behind the Sola Gratia theology of the reformers?