1. CURSES CAN BE A PRIME ENTRY POINT OF DEMONIC ACTIVITY:
?Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow, So a curse without cause shall not alight.? (Proverbs 26:2). Therefore a curse requires a cause to alight.
2. INDICATIONS OF CURSES
(a) Mental, emotional and physical breakdowns.
(b) Constant sickness, especially hereditary sickness.
(c) Marriage breakdowns and family splits.
(d) Continuous poverty.
(e) Being accident prone.
(f) Barrenness and miscarriages.
(g) Constant deaths in families.
3. ENTRY POINTS OF CURSES
(a) Persons with relational authority, e.g. husband over wife or parents over children.
Examples: ?You can’t cook?; ?You’re no good?; ?You’re useless?; ?You’re a failure?; ?You will
never be any good?.
(b) Self-imposed curses: ?I will never be any good?; ?I will never forgive myself?; ?God doesn?t
love me? etc.
(c) Curses brought on by unscriptural covenants, e.g. being unequally yoked together with
unbelievers: ?Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers.? (2 Corinthians 6:14)
(d) Curses brought on by the servants of Satan, e.g. witchdoctors, medicine men, tohungas.
(e) Curses brought on by disobedience to God?s commandments as follows:
- Having false gods. (Exodus 20:3-4; Deuteronomy 27:15)
- Disrespect for parents. (Deuteronomy 27:16)
- Treachery against a neighbour. (Deuteronomy 27:17)
- Injustice to the weak. (Deuteronomy 27:18-19)
- Illicit sex. (Deuteronomy 27:20-23) (Effect of wrong sexual relationships, particularly those outside of marriage or with members of one?s family).
- Perjury. (Deuteronomy 27:25)
- Stealing. (Zechariah 5:1-4)
- Stinginess towards God. (Malachi 3:9)
- Perverting the gospel. (Galatians 1:8-9)
- Depending on the flesh. (Jeremiah 17:5)
- Anti-semitism. (Genesis 12:3; Genesis 28:3,14)