This lecture follows the article of Steven J. Land: The Triune Center: Wesleyans and Pentecostals Together in Mission.
The outline of the article is as follows.
- Theology (discerning reflection)
- God: Eschatological Trinitarian Presence
- History: Eschatological Trinitarian Process (God works in history, like a
- Church: Eschatological Trinitarian Fellowship
- Salvation: Eschatological Trinitarian Passion (the way of salvation, e.g. I am a
man, and the boy and youth is part of my make-up, even
genetically. But I am not child or your anymore, I am an grown-up)
- Mission: Eschatological Trinitarian Transformation (in the light of the end,
e.g. God is holy, therefor be holy). Mission to God and one another
Within the command (love) is found the mission (Go ye…). We are not victims, but agents. We go get the lost, and fallen, and do not despise them.
February 11, 2000