Jezebel and controlling spirits do not only operate through women, but do primarily activate through women. It begins with our mothers and then goes down the generational line. You may not see a woman as having control, but being a deliverance minister and leading many people through individual ministry sessions, I’ve never found a woman who didn’t have control in her. Control can be difficult to identify since it can manifest out of people differently.
Not everything is a demonic spirit. People can like to be in control if they feel as if they have lost control, have been controlled, or have an organized, type-A personality.
Think back to your childhood. Is there something that your mom or dad spoke that still effects how you think today? The words they spoke draw you into thinking about something they said that controls you and effects your actions today. A thought comes forth such as, “Don’t do this; Mom wouldn’t like it” or “I better do it that way because that is what mom would want.”
Comments such as:
- Don’t go out of the home without looking nice, (having makeup and hair done for ladies).
- The house must be clean. Scrub those counters clean again, so all the germs are gone.
- Don’t drive in the snow; the roads are slippery; you might get in an accident.
What thoughts do you continuously hear today in your mind from your past?
Let’s break the three examples down to how they can be controlling you today.
- Some women literally can’t go to the store without makeup. They always have to look their best, not because they want to, but because they are in bondage to it. When they try to leave the house to go to the gas station, they hear in their mind the thought from their childhood that they shouldn’t leave their home without looking nice. I had one lady stop coming to my weekly ministry meetings because the glory was so strong she would cry the entire time. She told me she couldn’t come anymore because her makeup would always get ruined.
- We should take care of our homes. However, when your day becomes filled with, I can’t keep my house clean enough, or you always have to be meticulous because you hear in your mind, “Oh my mom wouldn’t like that; I need to do it better or her way,” that is a bondage of control.
- There are times our loved ones are concerned with whether and road conditions and can speak the truth in love, but we need to make sure they are speaking the truth in love and not fear. I was raised in fear of driving on slippery roads. Even as an adult until the Lord set me free from the spirit of fear and the spirit of control operating over me I would allow those thoughts from my childhood to plague me and prevent me from going out if I had a choice. I had to be very conscious when my children started to drive to make sure I was speaking blessings and not curses as they went out in adverse weather conditions. One day I was praying and worshipping when it started to snow. The Lord was bringing me through personal deliverance, and He spoke to me and told me specifically what store to go to and to purchase a sign that says freedom. He was instructing me to take a prophetic act and do something in the natural to release my freedom. It worked, and I’ve now driven in blizzards as I’ve traveled preaching the gospel.
Do you need to take a prophetic act and go somewhere without looking nice and made up, leave your house one day without the perfection you’ve been accustomed to or drive somewhere to break your fear of city traffic, country roads or snowy conditions? What fear and control do you need to conquer? What we do in the natural can break a spiritual hold upon us.
Steps to Freedom:
- Seek the Holy Spirit for discernment of what is a stronghold versus behavior.
- Ask the Spirit to reveal to you strongholds that need to be broken in your life.
- Break agreement with the spirits plaguing you. For example, if you have to go out of the house looking your best, this could be a spirit of pride. Therefore say, “I break agreement with a spirit of pride, in Jesus’ name. Spirit of pride, I command you to leave me in Jesus’ name.”
- Command a generational spirit of control and Jezebel to go. Say out loud, “Generational spirits of control and Jezebel, I call off your assignment and activation against me. I command you to leave me and my generational line, in Jesus’ name.”
- Ask the Holy Spirit to convict you when your actions are unhealthy or are from a childhood experience so you can release them and not give into them.
- Break agreement with any control you have exhibited, whether knowingly or unknowingly repent of a spirit of control in your life to give no legal right to the enemy.
- Ask Jesus to come and fill you up with more of Him and to help you live a life of freedom.
- Declare you are free! Speak out, “Control has no part over me! I renew my mind to the mind of Christ! I speak and decree I am free of demonic spirits! I am redeemed from the curse! Generational curses do not plague me!”
We can’t be free if we don’t identify what is plaguing us. There are things holding us back from the fullness of God and freedom that is available through Christ. By acknowledging and rooting out demonic activities and unhealthy behaviors, we can live a life filled with the light and love of Christ and walk in our full God-given potential!