7 Characteristics of Growing Churches
Outline from November 5, 2019 LDD Webinar
18Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to
19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the
Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 and teaching them to obey everything I have
commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
– Matthew 28:18-20
Two Foundational Truths to Embrace
1. God wants ME to GROW
2. God wants His Church to GROW
He also said, “This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground.
Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not
know how. All by itself the soil produces grain–first the stalk, then the head, then the full
kernel in the head. As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest
has come.” – Mark 4:26-29
What do GROWING churches really do DIFFERENTLY?
• They are Life-Giving.
• You can’t Build culture. You have to Become culture.
Seven Cultural Characteristics of Growing Churches
1. They are Passionately in love with Jesus.
• Set the Example.
1 Tim. 4:12 (NLT) – Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example
to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.
• Develop Self-Feeders.
• Celebrate Changed lives.
2. They create ministry around Peoples gifts.
• We did away with the “Volunteerism ” mentality.
• We have a Process where people can discover their gifts.
• Make equipping people the Main function of the staff and leadership.
3. They Empower people.
• Encourage Creative thinking.
• Allow them to Challenge the process.
• Create an atmosphere of Encouragement.
4. They focus on Systems that work.
• Clarify a Measurable win.
• Measure your effectiveness.
• Get Better by tweaking systems with growth
5. They Have Fun
• More Laughter/food
6. They Love People.
• Create a High touch environment.
• Be involved in the in the life of the church.
• Guard your Heart .
7. They are more concerned with Reaching people than Keeping people.
• Constantly remind the congregation of our purpose.
• Train & resource every person in Evangelism.
• Make every experience a Breathe of Fresh Air .
• Life Giving Environments
✓ Winning the Spiritual Battle
Lifestyle of Fasting, Prayer & Worship
✓ Corp Prayer Weekly,
✓ 21 days of prayer and fasting,
✓ Prayer Groups
✓ Be filled with the Holy Spirit.